I’m not really a part of the “blogging community” nor do I have any real desire to be. I don’t want hundreds of readers. I don’t want indignant or offensive comments. And I don’t want to feel obligated to write posts consistently (although that would be a good thing).
However, when one of my favorite people in the world asks me to partake in a blogging activity, I’m happy to oblige. Plus I like answering questions about myself. My college friend Tabitha over at Studer Team tagged me to participate in a questionnaire for the Sunshine Awards. What are they? I don’t know. Am I nominated? I don’t think so? But ask and I shall answer, Tab! 🙂
1. What is the first thing you drink in the morning? Water. When I started school I tried becoming a coffee drinker but I just thought of it as extra calories and money. I want to try to start drinking a gallon of water a day. Also, if it’s certain early early mornings the answer is vodka.
2. What is your favorite day of the week and why? Hmmm, well I’m currently on break so everyday is great. I guess Saturdays are my favorite because, ya know, they’re play time. Let’s be honest though, every day in New Orleans can be play time.
3. What is your least favorite chore? Hmm, I don’t really think of things I do as chores. I wash the dishes when I use them. Clean my room when it’s messy. I actually really enjoy cleaning. There isn’t really anything I have to do that I would dread, like raking leaves or shoveling snow. Probably because I rent? I have little to no desire to own a home.
4. What are the biggest changes from your life today compared to five years ago? In school. In a new city. Single? I can’t remember if I was in a relationship or not. Now in my 30s which is a big game changer. Happier. Poorer. Really into cats.
5. What category of pins do you like best? (food, nail art, crafts, etc). Took me a while to realize this referenced pinterest. I don’t use pinterest except occasionally, when in the throes of wanderlust, to browse pretty travel quotes. Pinterest seems like a rabbit hole that I would never escape.
6. If you had 60 minutes all to yourself in the middle of the day today, what would you do? Well, I have that pretty frequently. Go for a walk, take a nap, cook, clean, stalk travel websites, ride my bike, watch netflix, go to my corner bar, play with my cat, read a book, etc etc.
7. What was the last movie/video/commercial (damn you, Carters) that made you cry? Well. Last night I watched a 4 hour marathon of My Cat From Hell and I teared up during every episode. Guys, Jackson Galaxy is not just rehabilitating cats, he’s fixing relationships. Gets me every time. Funny you should ask: yes this IS why I’m single.
8. If you had the time and money to study something in depth for 6 months, what would you want to learn? I’m currently doing that: social work
9. What are three things you took for granted today? I’m not sure how to answer that. We are all constantly taking things for granted: access to food, clean water, the ability (for many of us) to breathe, walk, see, hear, talk, dance, laugh, hug, read, write, etc. But if we spent all day thinking about everything we take for granted, we’d never get out of bed. I actually haven’t done that today but that’s besides the point. Here are some things I especially appreciate today: the weather in New Orleans, the bowl(s) of pasta I just ate (in bed), new friends, having a few more days of break, Netflix instant, da bird cat toy, my bed, oreo cookies.
10. What is your favorite personality trait about yourself? The ability to remain calm and find humor in everything.
I think I’m supposed to ask 10 more questions to fellow bloggers except I don’t consistently read any blogs (except Studer Team of course). Sooo, I’ll just ask questions that no one will answer, k? K.
1) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
2) What are you doing for Mardi Gras? I have a very comfortable sofa bed
3) What do you consider the pros and cons of marriage?
4) If you were a cat, what would you be? Answer: awesome.
5) If you could change only one thing about the world, what would it be?
6) What do you love about your life?
7) Where do you see yourself in a year?
8) Have you seen Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee? You should.
9) What would you change about your life? Why don’t/can’t you?
10) Where’d you get that sweater? It looks amazing on you.
Love you Tab! Still want to be you when I grow up.